Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone please help or advise me. for a month or so now,when driving my car. my sedona can drive fine,then all of a sudden the car will (jolt) forward,as if u areslamming the brakes on to do a emergency stop,i usually then ease off,downshift, and its ok again.some days it doesnt do it all,but then somedays it can bequite frequent. it had a test on management system not long ago,and showed no faults. i have managed to look down briefly when it jolts forward,on to the dash,and have seen the engine management light pop on briefly when the jolt happens,but then goes off again straight after it stops the jolt. this is really becoming a problem, and do not want garages running me around saying o,well it may be.etc.costing me a fortune. please help. (problem 2) also it has been,since ive had it, made like a grinding noise,not too loud when turning right,any ideas on that too.cheers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi jack prob 2 sounds like a wheel bearing or could be a ball joint easy to check jack up ur front wheel and try and move ur wheel top to bottom and see if theres any play in it .prob1 check all filters you dont saywhen it was last serviced or diesel or petrol could be filter prob check the air filter too good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea idid forget to mention,lol,ive got the 2.9 diesel engine.had oil change about 3 mths ago.not sure about air filter change,only got it xmas time. a freind reckoned checking the HT lead,and pkugs?. my check them out too. cant say ive ever had the jolting problem on a car before tho,odd. investigation continues. will check out wheel,with that method.thx.

·
Registered
702 Posts
7715jacks said:
yea idid forget to mention,lol,ive got the 2.9 diesel engine.had oil change about 3 mths ago.not sure about air filter change,only got it xmas time. a freind reckoned checking the HT lead,and pkugs?. my check them out too. cant say ive ever had the jolting problem on a car before tho,odd. investigation continues. will check out wheel,with that method.thx.

If its a Diesel as you say you won't find any HT leads or plugs on the engine. Diesels don't use them they have a pump and injectors. If the grating noise is a loud noise it could be the CV joint on the way out

·
Registered
192 Posts
as bruno says no leads or plugs does your sedimeter light come on when you start it, drain the plug at the bottom of the diesel filter your engine doesnt have an inline filter so that cant block up , id be looking at a fuel block of some sort first then start on other ideas bud cheers john.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the sedimeter light,odd looking light in red appears as normal when u turn the ignition on.but does not stay on or anything,i hadnt considered the possibility of a fuel blockage,thats one to think on. i shall have to have a look for this drain plug,and give that a go.will much come out?. as bruno mentioned, yea its a diesel it dont have HT leads,lol. would it be worth changing the glow plugs?. and whacking some sort of fuel cleaner throught the system?. i regularly use redex when filling up, but havnt noticed nothing different really. i have got the car booked in for wednesday the 5th, (earliest) the garage could do.hopefully they can shed some more light on the grinding noise while turning right problem,as well as maybe a idea to the jolting problem.having said tho,i shall look at the sedemeter plug,if i can find the thing.really wish i had a manual.. plz continue to give comments,thanks all for posting so far.

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi bud your fuel filter is to the left as you look at the engine the filter has 3 plugs sticking out the top of it the sedimeter is on the bottom of the filter just loosen the plug anti clock wise there is a little fluid comes out it but yours sounds ok as the light goes out when it should ,your redex issue is good always use it if you do on a regular basis then you shouldnt have any problems with injectors ,with the glow plugs if you dont have a warning light on the dash then id leave them alone they are quick to tell you when they need done so if no lights then should be ok i still think a blockeage of some sort, pity you dont live near me we could have it back up to scratch in no time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts