Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

ive been having a jerky problem, it’s fine 99% of the time, but say I go over a speed bump in 2nd sometimes (1 in 10) the whole car starts jerking forward and back when pressing on the accelerator.

ive bought some snake oil injector cleaner because, it can’t do any harm, and next step I was planning on switching the spark plugs, failing to solve the problem I’ll make the effort to switch the leads.

anyway after looking on many parts sites, forums, owners and workshop manuals, I can’t seem to find the correct spark plug gap anywhere, and some parts sites are showing plugs from 0.9 mm to 1.1mm gap, which is it?!?!?

but yeah it’s a 2006 lx manual with 120k km so about 80k miles

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: It’s got a brand new air filter, maybe a sensor in the department?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Hope this might help..

Kia ---Picanto​
Year​
Cyl.​
Kw​
Engine Model Numbers​
--- Pulstar Plasma Core Spark Plugs ---​
---- Brisk EVO Silver Spark Plugs ----​
---- Brisk LGS Silver Spark Plugs ----​
----- Brisk YS Silver Spark Plugs -----​
1,0​
Picanto --- BA​
2004>2009>​
4​
45kw​
G4HE​
1,0​
Picanto --- TA​
2011>​
3​
51kw​
G3LA​
n/a​
n/a​
1,1​
Picanto --- BA​
2003>​
4​
48kw​
G4HG​
1,2​
Picanto --- TA​
2011>​
4​
60kw​
G4LA​
n/a​
n/a​

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WellI thought I Would post an update, the jerky problem was all spark plugs, 2 of them were the originals from 2006 and 2 others were some fairly old Bosch ones, its like being in a new car, starts easier, runs much quieter, and much more power and acceleration!

If you haven done it on your second hand cars yet please do!

I used to have to change down at about 1900rpm, now its about 1100, the old plugs were not in good shape at all!

All thanks to you Phil, very much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
WellI thought I Would post an update, the jerky problem was all spark plugs, 2 of them were the originals from 2006 and 2 others were some fairly old Bosch ones, its like being in a new car, starts easier, runs much quieter, and much more power and acceleration!

If you haven done it on your second hand cars yet please do!

I used to have to change down at about 1900rpm, now its about 1100, the old plugs were not in good shape at all!

All thanks to you Phil, very much appreciated!

+++ FIXED +++

Get that cheque in the post.. 😆

1 - 7 of 7 Posts