Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Venga 2018 has a large gap between the top of the windscreen and body, it is now rusting along the gap. There are no chips anywhere on the windscreen or anywhere else on the body. My Kia dealer tells me it is stone chips, when I asked where are they and why is there no damage anywhere else he could not answer that. This my third Kia and the only one that as rusted. In fact it must be over 40 years since I had a car that rusted. Has anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
750 Posts
There was a known problem with the top of the rear door frames rusting under the rubber on some Vengas. I believe those were fixed under the body warranty. The top frame above the windscreen seems a very unlikely place to get stone damage, could this be the same as the rear doors???? I suggest you take it to a different dealer if there is one or get an RAC official opinion.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The earlier Vengas (gen 1 ) anecdotally had some rust issues and especially the rear door window frames which were a warranty replace. I thought they'd sorted it for the gen 2's though.
Mine is a gen 1 and had rust starting on the windscreen pillars inner edge, a place impossible to hit with a stone chip but I was fobbed off with "stone chip" which seems to be the stock response. Sorted it myself with fine grit paper and touch up stick.
I'm surprised rust breakthrough is apparent on a gen 2 though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts