Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain how this works, it baffles me a bit, I know a lot of conditions have to be met for it to kick inbutfor example I leave the car park Engine cold)at work travel 600 yards to traffic lights car stays running, i would expect this as the engine has just been started, then travel 400 yds to more lights isg cuts in and stops car ???, lights change travell 600 yds to next lights no isg kicking in this continues to be the case through various lights and junctions for the next 3miles then the last set of lights before home isg kicks in again ? and this hashappened more than once, why does it work like this surely if conditions are met after first 1000yds or so and no extra load put on system ie lights ,air con etc then it should continue to stop at lights etc. anyone any ideas or similar experience.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update to previous post. Ihave done the same journey today and the isg kicked in and stopped the car at every juction and set of lights i came to, this system baffles me

·
Registered
62 Posts
it has a will of its own ! but i think a lot depends on the charge in battery? which is effected by temp, lights etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have had the same issue in that some days ISG works and then when you think ISG should kick in it doesn't. One of the things I have worked out, if you have the airflow setting to front window setting, then ISG doesn't kick in whatsoever. I've tested this, with ISG kicking in, with the airflow setting set at vents only and then changing to front window the car then starts up! Hope that helps in de-mystifying it a bit more!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I took delivery only today of my new picanto and was wondering about the stop. The start stop button beside the steering wheel lights up every time I stop and then the light goes off again when I start driving. Is this normal and does this happen in your cars. It's kinda getting me worried that something ain't right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine seemed quite sporadic but like welshone I found that if the airflow is set at anything other than front window it works... who knows why!

A friend has a similar system in a different brand and it only works when the radio is on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts