Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got big problem with isg system. over the cold snap the isg failed to operate.
i had a mini with isg and below 4 degrees temp it wouldnt work, asked my local dealer for info, they told me the same. i accepted this at that time.

however problem is still evident. went back to dealer in warwick and asked for them to look at it. they said the calibrated it and it works fine. i collected, drove home and all was ok. drove the next day all seemd good. until pm driving home, light on no operation. took it back they had it 2 days, said they replaced battery sensor and callibrated. drove home, 40miles later light on no operation.

3rd visit to dealer, they cant find the fault, the excuse is that the guy who new more about the system left at christmas, im not suprised if he had to put up with faults like this! anyone have any ideas what is going on with this, gonna give it one last try before i sell it back to the dealer!

·
Registered
86 Posts
According to the user manual there are 8 parameters which have to be met for the ISG to operate. These include ambient temperature, coolant temp, system voltage high / low, engine revs,seat belt on, doors and bonnet latched, and several speed specs. Could this be the problem? Or find another dealer to fix it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have found more in the manual, some of the other things which are relevant to operation are, brake vacuum pressure, defroster on, heater fan speed, so a bit more to the system than meets the eye!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry chaps,

Trying to understand system too as thinking of buying ISG Ceed. How can engine revs affect the system if the engine is supposed to be off when ISG is active ?

BMA.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry the "engine revs" was misleading, it says speed must have exceeded 10kph since engine start and be below 5kph for the system to operate, the aircon/climate control effects the operation (or not) of the system as well. Sooooo glad my SW3 has not got it fitted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all said is correct, however the system operates normally for the first time from the dealer then packs up. I have a friend who used to work for a dealer, he suggested i try and calibrate the system myself. this was done leaving key in ignition in off position all doors and bonnet shut, left 4 hours, then should be ok. reading into it the bonnet and door switches are in the system, going to see if these have a problem. failing that ill drop it on kias doorstep parked awkwardly and trow the keys in the bin.

·
Registered
662 Posts
simple answer is try another dealer you can not reset the system it needs the KIA GDS laptop to do that. The cars under warranty ask the dealer to provide you with a courtesycar and keep the car for a few days so they can test the system good idea to speak to the dealer principle and ask him to drive the car for a few days that way hes going to have to face you should they not fix it best not to try and fix the problem yourself as they could say you have caused the issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi all an update on the situation is, i took it back to the dealer as viking paul suggested had a word with the dealer principle. he agreed they would lend me a car whilst mine is looked at. 2 weeks later i get a call saying my car is ready, i collect it drive home( the long way) isg is perfect. leave it for a few hours, drive out all is ok. could it be i have the system i paid for. Next day on way to work, NO ISG!! I returned to dealer very unhappy man, dealer principle has agreed very reluctantly to buy back from me for price paid,,, after me standing my ground.... they offered me another ceed but sorry guys once bitten and all that. ive ordered a new golf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts