Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got the yellow AUTO STOP indicator in the rev counter flashing yesterday.

According to the manual the ISG system has malfunctioned.

The manual says take it to the dealer or that driving at over 80km/h 'for a maximum of two hours' might fix it.

Has anybody had experience with this? For various reasons I am loathed to take it to the dealer at the moment...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
For various reasons I am loathed to take it to the dealer at the moment...
If I remember correctly, your car is still fairly new so, presuming that the servicing schedule is in order, this is a matter for the dealer to check out and facilitate repair or appropriate remedy under the terms of the warranty.

I can't grasp your reluctance to approaching the dealer at this time unless you live an enormous distance from the dealership. If it's because of the Covid 19 situation, just adhere to the provisions required and all should be well as the motor trade have had to put in place all the relevant precautions in order to continue in business as best they can.

If there is some other reason why you wish to avoid the dealer, then that's fair enough and it's your business. I would just add that you shouldn't have to go charging batteries or resetting the electrics on a fairly new car, particularly in Cyprus where the winters aren't too cold and as demanding on battery strength as here in the UK.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the prompt replies!

Very strange, got in the car at lunchtime and it worked perfectly. No warning light...

Got to Limassol (about 30 mins on the motorway) and in the heavy traffic there the ISG worked more frequently than it ever has before!

One more thing I remembered, when I started the car yesterday and the warning light came on the engine cranked for much longer than it does normally before firing... May be related, just a 'glitch' perhaps...?

My reluctance to go to the dealer was simply that my wife is poorly at the moment, can't drive and having frequent medical treatments (3 or 4 times weekly). Which means that I'd have to drive the car to Limassol and get a taxi back if they wanted to keep it. Thankfully that appears to be unnecessary...

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
My reluctance to go to the dealer was simply that my wife is poorly at the moment, can't drive and having frequent medical treatments (3 or 4 times weekly). Which means that I'd have to drive the car to Limassol and get a taxi back if they wanted to keep it. Thankfully that appears to be unnecessary...
Very understandable, 'CyprusGrump'. I sincerely hope that your wife make a speedy recovery to full health. As for the car, well, it's just a nuisance thing that you could really do without at this time. Let's hope it has resolved itself but if it should recur, you may be forced to let the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very understandable, 'CyprusGump'. I sincerely hope that your wife make a speedy recovery to full health. As for the car, well, it's just a nuisance thing that you could really do without at this time. Let's hope it has resolved itself but if should recur, you may be forced to let the dealer check it out.
Took Mrs. CyprusGrump to Limassol again today for another MRI. Car worked perfectly all day and the ISG was as sharp as a button working through the traffic...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.