Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new Sportage 1 on Friday (nice car!), having driven it now for a couple of days, this has raised a few queries, therefore I am wondering if anyone could assist>

Firstly, the ISG.

The light on the deactivate switch is constantly on, and when pressed, does not go out or turn back on, however, at times, the ISG does work, with the green instrument panel illuminating when it goes to idle mode, but at times, the green light does not come on even though it has gone into idle mode.

Question: why then does the ISG work with the light on the deactivation switch illuminated, which, according to the manual, indicates that ISG is off?

Secondly, starting the car.

I have noticed that the car will only start when the clutch is depressed, it will not start if my feet are away from the pedals, ie: clutch not depressed.

Question: Is this normal and specific to Kia Sportage?

Another one I have just thought of is the cornering lights, I have yet to notice that there is any change in illumination when turning corners with headlights on, suggesting to me that the cornering lights are not working unlike my previous car which lit up the kerbside when cornering)

Any suggestions/recommendations are very much appreciated

Thanks all

Brian

·
Registered
377 Posts
depress clutch to start is normal lots of makes have it. its a safety feature stops you starting in gear.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
noublue i hope the OP returns to this page and thanks you for your information...not much chance seeings he posted it in 2011

Discussion Starter • #1 May 17, 2011

1 - 4 of 4 Posts