Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just can not get my head around how thie is supposed to work!
since September last year has only worked once!!

any ideas as dealer says it may not activate very often on a 'smaller' car, in that case why have it???

·
Registered
536 Posts
try charging the battery over night. If you have aircon on it wont work and i think if you have stereo loud/bluetooth on but its probably best have a good read throught the user manual. Oh and i dont think it works below a certian temperature as it could be bad for the engine.. which could explain the not working since september

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem in that the ISG doesn't kick in with the fan running either on hot/cold. If I pull up to the lights and the fan is off ISG kicks in, if you switch the fan on, the car starts up.

When the car was new ISG kicked in with the air con on and has stopped doing so for around a month and a half.

Today as it was so cold out the ISG wouldn't kick in with just the daytime running lights on and the fan off - which is what the manual said.

I spoke with customer services last week who suggested I get the car booked in for the dealer to look at!

·
Registered
437 Posts
There are around 27 peices of criteria including all sorts of sensors that are checked within miliseconds of the car starting and if just one of them is not met then it wont work. Read your owners manual..... its like an instruction book and I know no one likes to read them but you will be suprised what you can learn.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 60 plate Venga that I have had for a month & I have just realised that the ISG sytem is indicating that it is OFF [orange light on switch is permanently on]. I have been unable to activate the system [put the light off] by pressing the switch. Now I am not too concerned about this as we don't do much driving in built up areas but it does appear that there is a fault & I wondered if any others have experience of this failure mode?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Venga said:
I have been unable to activate the system [put the light off] by pressing the switch. Now I am not too concerned about this as we don't do much driving in built up areas but it does appear that there is a fault & I wondered if any others have experience of this failure mode?
I think I would wait for some warm weather to arrive before assuming it is faulty. You will probably find it will start working OK again.
As for not being able to turn the ISG light off - I have found that if the light is on you can not extinguish it (switch the ISG on), but if the light is off you can illuminate it (switch the ISG off).

I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
105 Posts
OK, so the inference is that unless all the parameters are OK for the ISG to operate its "brain" indicates this factvia keeping the switch light on.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense....sort of !

We'll see what transpires when we eventually get some warmer weather....... now would be good!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The system works very well on our Picanto 2. But as has been said there is lots of criteria to be met before it will work. This includes the ambient temperature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The ISG only works when the battery is fully charged,it seldom works in winter due to lights,rear screen,blower being used ours only ever works in summer.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Happy to say mine is working fine. Today hot and sunny worked at the the roundabout, approx 3/4 mile away. During winter, cold and lights on would not work some days untill in town, 3 1/2 miles.Does make me jump when the engine restarts after a few minutes stationary.
I leave the aircon on all year round as it keeps the interior dry in the wet winter weather, almost no need for demisting front or back. Also the radio is usually on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts