Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have Cee'd SW Ecodynamics (2010) with ISG.
Some mornings I drive to work (13.5 miles) with lights on or off (depending on the weather of course) and if I get stopped at roadworks or get to the work car park the ISG cuts the engine (Auto-stop) when I engage neutral. BUT, sometimes it does not.
This morning, for example temperature is 11C according to the in-car display, the "ISG Off" light was not illuminated but no engine "Auto-stop". I presume that battery voltage was OK after 13 miles of driving and the air con was not on so why did the Auto-stop not engage?
Also, I find it weird that if the ISG isn't going to work it doesn't illuminate the ISG light, under some circumstances.
One cold morning the ISG light was on but I assumed that was due to the battery being under-temperature. But this morning I had no "ISG Off" light and no "Auto-stop" function.
Anybody know what's going on?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know what's going on but have the same behaviour: occasional no ISG and no light. I'd be interested to know if anybody can shed light.

Cheers!

Marius

·
Registered
328 Posts
it could be that the engine temperature was not up high enough yet.

I suspect there are a whole number of conditions programmed into the ecu that have to be met for the stop start to function.

Things that spring to mind are, aircon turned off, engine temp at normal operating temperature, outside temperature and the like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts