Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have been using my sportage 1.7 diesel regularly and no issues. However, I have noticed that from time to time, the ISG light will start blinking yellow and it will stay like that. When that happens, i had to pull over and turn off the engine. Once i turn it back on, ISG light is no longer and it drives okay. Has anyone have come accross this issue? Maybe a faulty sensor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention, the mechanic has tried to get a code from the computer but tre is nothing. No check engine ligths.

·
Registered
327 Posts
So, i have been using my sportage 1.7 diesel regularly and no issues. However, I have noticed that from time to time, the ISG light will start blinking yellow and it will stay like that. When that happens, i had to pull over and turn off the engine. Once i turn it back on, ISG light is no longer and it drives okay. Has anyone have come accross this issue? Maybe a faulty sensor?
So this sounds like a DPF regen starting. It threw me the first time it happened several months ago.

Switching off and restarting is the wrong thing to do according to my Kia dealer. You should continue driving and aim to keep revs around 2,000 to 2,500 until the flashing light goes off or you reach your destination. Many other forum users who have posted about this subject advise driving for at least half an hour to allow the process to complete.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,282 Posts
So this sounds like a DPF regen starting. It threw me the first time it happened several months ago.
I might be confused, but the DPF Regen warning light is separate from the ISG warning. I completely agree if it's the DPF Regen you must keep driving until it goes off, but surely a dealership would know that. The ISG warning should only be visible when slowing down to stop, or being stopped. If it's flashing at normal speed that would suggest a fault in the ISG system.
I've attached the relevant sections from the Sportage handbook.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might be confused, but the DPF Regen warning light is separate from the ISG warning. I completely agree if it's the DPF Regen you must keep driving until it goes off, but surely a dealership would know that. The ISG warning should only be visible when slowing down to stop, or being stopped. If it's flashing at normal speed that would suggest a fault in the ISG system.
I've attached the relevant sections from the Sportage handbook.
Thanks for the response. However when the light starts blinking, the engine will not pass over 3000 rpm and it will go really slow. Also, the engine feels like it will turn itself off cause revs will go below 900 and it doesnt have too much power to continue. Only if I turn it off, the system will restart so you can continue. I have tried to press the ISG button next to the shifter but light is on and will do not go off. There are no other lights on dash other than the one mention.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,282 Posts
Thanks for the response. However when the light starts blinking, the engine will not pass over 3000 rpm and it will go really slow. Also, the engine feels like it will turn itself off cause revs will go below 900 and it doesnt have too much power to continue. Only if I turn it off, the system will restart so you can continue. I have tried to press the ISG button next to the shifter but light is on and will do not go off. There are no other lights on dash other than the one mention.
I'm no expert but to me that sounds like the car is going into limp mode, but I would expect the engine management light to come on. Why the ISG light should come on in those circumstances I have no idea.

·
Registered
327 Posts
DPF LIGHT.jpg
Just to clarify my earlier post, here is an image which I took of the DPF light when the regen process was taking place.

The fault code stored was P2003.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. The correct term is limp mode but there are no other warning lights or error messages. The major hitter is power reduction, rpm below 3000 and that is it. Injectors perhaps or sound like an electronic fault?

·
Registered
234 Posts

Update. I just got finally a fault code detected. P062D00.
I'm far from being an expert but half an hour on Google came up with some possibilities that I hope will be useful

So it would appear that P2003 is indeed a DPF problem

P062D00 seems to refer to a fuel injector problem.

And finally

A list of symptoms that seem quite similar to yours.

I'm far from saying this is definitely the answer, but seems very similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm far from being an expert but half an hour on Google came up with some possibilities that I hope will be useful

So it would appear that P2003 is indeed a DPF problem

P062D00 seems to refer to a fuel injector problem.

And finally

A list of symptoms that seem quite similar to yours.

I'm far from saying this is definitely the answer, but seems very similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Update. Found another post were trying to giggle cables from the ECU to attempt reproduce the error. Finally found where it could be and it turns out that giggling the cable under the air filter, it will reproduce the issue. Will bring the car tomorrow to the shop so they can open that section and check if one of the cables has broke or its doing a circuit. Im happy to find and be able to reproduce the issue by wiggling cables. Will post when its finally fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts