Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I’m looking to find out if anyone has had a similar issue that I’ve experienced with my Kia proceed. I have a 2012 diesel model equipped with ISG.
I pulled up to a set of traffic lights recently and the ISG system kicked in to switch the engine off or stationary and when I came to depress the clutch pedal I had a complete electrical failure in the car.
No lights worked on the dash lights didn’t work absolutely nothing at all. I push the car into a layby and then waited and did a few checks on the battery connections to see if this was the issue.
Nothing works including the alarm system or been able to electronically lock the doors. I closed the doors and sat inside the car five minutes then tried again and the car came back to life. Has anyone else had this issue and if so do they know what the cause was and how to rectify it?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
First thing I would look at is the battery connection to body. Unbolt from body and give a good clean up and after replacing give it a covering of grease.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It does sound exactly like a bad power connection. So either the battery terminals, the other end of those cables, or an earth strap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.