Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your local Dealer open for service/repair on a Saturday morning?

Just found out mine doesn't!
They don't open until 0830 Mon-Fri either so dropping the car off before work is difficult. No courtesy cars unless you book months in advance.
Can't book a 'while you wait' appointment either.... You have to get there before 0830 for first come, first served!
Unbelievable, its like the dark ages!

I'd go elsewhere but it's a 100 miles round trip. I guess when you have a near monopoly you don't need to work to compete.

Super Moderator
So who is this dealer?
Are these hours due to covid?
Ours did open early, by that mean pre 08:00 as used to drop car off on the way to work and pick up after. Think they shut @ 18:30.
I know that covid has reduced their open hours as it is a pre booked time to drop car off & no waiting, which is fair enough at this time. You can always leave & go for a walk if you need to wait.
Not sure on Saturday opening times, but when driving passed the gates to service yard are open.

Registered
We used to post our keys through the letter box when we dropped the car off before the dealer opened.

Have used some that are open Saturdays but it was usually for very minor work carried out by reduced staff. Was handy when I did 20,000 miles a year, simply an oil/filter changer every 10,000 miles which was done Saturday morning while I read a mag.

Super Moderator
Our local dealer is open Mon - Fri, 8:30 - 17:00 and Sat 08:00 - 12:00. They do offer a collect the car and drop it off service, which is what we used on the last service. Never had a problem booking the car in or, until recent events, borrowing a courtesy car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think, like many firms, they use covid as an excuse for poor service. Having said that, other garages we use in the family (Audi, Lexus and VW) have all superb duribg covid.

I don't expect to have a gearbox rebuilt on a Saturday morning but a quick mot, oil change or small warranty job should be possible - this is the first main dealer I've ever used who do nothing on a Saturday.

They won't collect/deliver as I live too far away. Fair do's I guess. Courtesy car with less than 10 weeks notice would be nice though.

It means every time I go there I have to take a day off work which is a real pain. I'll get there for 0730 to try and get to the front of the queue! I'll see how they go with this repair before I give them low marks in the satisfaction survey!

Registered
I think, like many firms, they use covid as an excuse for poor service. Having said that, other garages we use in the family (Audi, Lexus and VW) have all superb duribg covid.

I don't expect to have a gearbox rebuilt on a Saturday morning but a quick mot, oil change or small warranty job should be possible - this is the first main dealer I've ever used who do nothing on a Saturday.

They won't collect/deliver as I live too far away. Fair do's I guess. Courtesy car with less than 10 weeks notice would be nice though.

It means every time I go there I have to take a day off work which is a real pain. I'll get there for 0730 to try and get to the front of the queue! I'll see how they go with this repair before I give them low marks in the satisfaction survey!
Bit unfair to mark them down just because you live too far away.

And if the other garages you use have all done the same during covid why should Kia get marked down, it been difficult for everyone.

And don't forget that courtesy cars are just that. Garages are not forced to provide them and those that do have a finite supply.

Super Moderator
And don't forget that courtesy cars are just that. Garages are not forced to provide them and those that do have a finite supply.
Especially now, as they need cleaning after each use. Before covid most were staff cars. Can't really do that now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts