Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tempest I know you have had a few problems but I thought that you were all sorted out now.I have put the mudflaps on my Soul but not extended them and apart from the odd stone chip on the bonnet I have not had problems.Thought about the Canandian bonnet cover but when I contacted Kia they did not think it would fit !
I cannot grumble with the Soul we bought for the money it's good value.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SOS Save Our Souls

Had a look at my next doors car which is a BMWwith around 10k on it and it's got lots of stone chips on the bonnet,it's also got two marks on the roof where he parked it when he went on holiday and the passing bird crapped on it .They told him at BMW he should have washed it off straight away ,not easy when you are in Spain at the time.

I have 9016miles on my Soul Tempest Diesel now from the 1st of March and I have three small chips and 1 slightly larger one.I can honestly say that I have not had one complaint with it,it's quite ,no rattles apart from the wife,mpg could be better at 45-48 but that is down to my driving when I can prise it away from my better half.All in all I am very pleased with it,the car is different and very few are in the area where I live which ,I like to be a bit non conformitive.

I am hoping that it continues in the same vein and if the stone chips get tp bad I will get Kia to respray,I have looked at the film and the bonnet cover but in both cases I have come to the conclusion that if Kia will respray it then if it gets bad that the way to go.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My Shaker diesel has now done 5500 mile since May 1st. Only one small chip on the bonnet which I have to say is better than my last two new cars. My Toyota Yaris chipped terribly in the first three months and then the chipping slowed up, I thought at the time that the car had weathered over the three months, and that the paint had hardened and became more resilient to stones. Don't know whether that is right or not, but it is one theory. My Shaker has really impressed me. No problems with it and now achieving 51 mpg. That reduces to 48mpg if I drive it harder. It is great to have a car that stands out from the crowd, even though a trip to the shops etc can take an eternity because of people asking about, and looking at the car.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The reason i am considering "Selling my Soul" is that my father died suddenly last week and has gifted me his perfect condition car. I want to use it out of respect for him but i dont want to have the Soul sat there unused. You are quite right that i have got my Soul sorted and was looking forward to many years happy motoring.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sincere condolences on the sad passing of your father. Should you decide to move on from the Soul and the forum your posts and humour will be missed by all. Good fortune with whatever decision you make. Cheers Ian.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Tempest. I am very sorry to hear of your loss, please take care and I hope that you do notleave the forum even should you sell your Kia.
All the very best David.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Tempest. thats good news , Seat make some good cars. Do you think that with all the driver aids that the Soul has on it the winter driving may be better to drive if the weather gets bad like last winter.I did note somewhere that Thatchem did some handing tests on the Soul and they also did the same on all the cars sold in UK with the same driver aids fitted and the Soul came out more or less at the top end in front of such cars as Audi BMW etc.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I actually got my Tempest at the beginning of the bad spell last december (thats what did all the stone chip damage in the first 3 weeks of its life). And i must say the Tempest did great. I was one the few 2 wheel drive vehicles in my village that didnt get stuck... BMW and Mercs and the rest were abandoned everywhere....and the Tempest had pretty much the fattest tyres on any of them (and fat tyres arent meant to be a help). The traction control and ABS cut in rarely - which showed the inherent grip in the basic chassis......most people thought it was a 4X4.

The Seat is equipped with all the same acronyms as the Soul.....obviously the Soul is newer - so i expect the systems on it will be a touch more advanced. I am going to be using the cars on a monthly rotation so will see what comes up at christmas. One thing i do know is that the Seat is 5 years old and has only 1 stone chip and no mudflaps......... but lets not go there!!!!.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
An old mate of mine lives in North Wales near Chester so only just in North Wales and he was trying to convince me that he had more snow and worse weather than I had just east of the peninnes in Yorkshire. Very nice part of the Uk where you are indeed.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Funnily enough i am from Leeds originally, and i live 15 miles from Chester in a village on the side of a small welsh mountain (Moel Fammau). And i certainly knows how to rain here!!!!. I dont think the snows any worse than elsewhere it just looks prettier, and we are lucky cos the farmers love an excuse to stick on the snow ploughing attachments.......

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Tempest. my old mate lives in Northop Hall nr Mold.I cannot remember any mountains near him but I do know that it's a very nice area to live in.I used to work all over Uk but after 20 years with one company I was made redundant and I worked for the Chamber of Commerce in West Yorkshire for a number of years ,the Leeds office was my main one for a lot of the time.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Small world. I drive thru Northop regular and a friend from work lives in Northop hall. I live about 10 miles further into wales from there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts