Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, i'm wondering if the Sportage 4 2016 is essentially the same vehicle as the 2021?
I am buying a Sportage 4 cdri 2016 and wonder will it have all media / map functionality I've seen on a new model, like spotify for example?

*I'm happy to have the software updated if required.

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Yes and no, there is no easy answer.
2016 was the year the 4th generation Sportage arrived in the U.K. (it was launched in late 2015). The sat nav and media system in the earlier models is similar to current models and the map and software can still be updated.
Some of the early Sportage models did not have Apple/Carplay or Android Auto and it can't be added. However it does get complicated, as 2016 progressed some models did start appearing with Apple/Carplay or Android Auto and by 2017 most Sportage's above the '1' had the option. Also on some models the option of your choice had to be enabled in the setup, on other models it started up when your mobile was connected.
If you need Apple/Carplay or Android Auto you will have to get confirmation from the dealer. 2021 models have Apple/Carplay or Android Auto and in some models the screens have got larger and improved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve got a 66 plate kx4, doesn’t have airplay/android.
but it does have the bigger screen and JBL sound system
Thanks, I feared this might be the case. I'm picking up a 16plate and so hold even less hope out for it to be upgradable.
I have trawled the forum for an idication that a replacement headunit might be all that's needed. Somone did point out that this too was unlikely as the streering whel would need a voice button although I would have thought it wouldsimply repurpose the mute button situated in the same place.

I'm kinda bummed but am sure i could live with without carplay.

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
Thanks, I feared this might be the case. I'm picking up a 16plate and so hold even less hope out for it to be upgradable.
I have trawled the forum for an idication that a replacement headunit might be all that's needed. Somone did point out that this too was unlikely as the streering whel would need a voice button although I would have thought it wouldsimply repurpose the mute button situated in the same place.

I'm kinda bummed but am sure i could live with without carplay.
Depends what aspects you would need. I use the Kia sat nav and just use Bluetooth if I want audio from my phone. Usb stick for any other audio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.