Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know that its generally not recommended to purchase one manufacturer's vehicle from another one. But i wasnt sure what exactly is the reasoning behind it? If im able to do a prepurchase inspection done at a mechanic of my own choice, is there any other reason i should avoid doing this?
PS: I'm in Quebec, Canada if that makes any difference at all on kiaownersclub

jiofi.local.html

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi and welcome. I suspect the answer is the 'risks' are the same wherever you buy a used car from. Reputable car sales have a reputation to protect irrespective of the make/model being sold. As with all retail outlets some are better than others so you need to do your own research and talk to friends family etc who may have had dealings with the dealership selling the vehicle you are interested in. I don't think it makes any difference buying a Mazda from a Kia dealer other than they would probably prefer to sell you a Kia? Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It is common to find the price is lower of a vehicle of a different make than that the dealer supplies new, I have bought a few vehicles that way always cheaper than from say in this case a Mazda dealer, usually it is a trade in they have taken, it's better for the dealer to shift it on, plus not many folk will be looking for a Mazda at a KIA dealer, both these points can lead to great discounts. Providing the points Drwho2 mentioned are covered etc.

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
Mazda service history is all online and accessed via an app. I’ve just sold my Mazda. If you buy the car and get it serviced you need to make sure the garage update the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.