Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old iPod Classic so plugged that in and all good.

However event with engine/ignition all off, with the iPod plugged in (USB in dash etc.) it still charges (I locked car etc. and iPod still charging/powered.

Does this turn off after a few mins? Left unplugged for now as would not want it to run car battery down. A pity as it means I have to connect the cable every journey rather than just leaving it plugged in all the time.

Anyone know if the charge stops after a number of minutes after car turned off/locked?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think it should power down. If I stay in the car listening to the radio, for example, with the ignition off, it carries on for about 4-5 mins (and gives a battery discharge warning on the screen) before turning the radio off.

I’m pretty sure this would be the same after locking and leaving the car. The manual may help?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Anyone know if the charge stops after a number of minutes after car turned off/locked?
If it works in the same way as that on my Optima, then I can confirm that 'dunc69's suspicions in post #2 are correct.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, just tested.
Got in car, iPod has charging indicator.
Wait 3m, then that goes off. So looks like it keeps USB power for 3m (no need to lock car, just be in it with doors closed and don't turn on car etc).
Which is good, I can just leave it all plugged in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.