Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used the search facility to see if this question has previously been asked but I can't seem to find anything which directly answers my question.

Finally collected my Pro Cee'd 2 on Friday (a week later than expected!!). I'm loving the car, feel of the drive etc but I'm a little unhappy with the iPod facility. When I plug the iPod in, I get the kia logo appear on the iPod, but then it only plays songs alphabetically from the iPod. I can't find a way of selecting playlists/albums...is this right?? If this is correct and the only way you can use the iPod then I'm going to be one unhappy little bunny and revert back to using my FM transmitter

Any help, advice will be much appreciated!

Ceri x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Ceri,

I picked up my proceed on friday and I AM LOVING IT! - first ever new car so its all new to me!

If you push the LIST button you can scroll through playlist, artist, albums etc and select what you want. Then if you select artist you can select their album, and then the song from that album. It is a bit long winded if you have hundreds of artists on your iPod but useful none the less!

Chris

PS, do you not have the manual, its all explained in there...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris you are a star!! Believe it or not I just nipped out to the car in PJ's and dressing gown to try it and your spot on!! Thank you so much! I'm not the type of person to sit and read a manual as they never write them things in 'ceri terms'...I find it easier if someone just tells me how to do it lol

Glad your loving your pro cee'd. I have the pro cee'd 2 in black...which one did you go for? Do you find the steering incredibly light?

·
Registered
5 Posts
YO!

Yeah I didn't bother reading the manual but i was wondering exactly the same thing so read the chunk on the stereo (I'd hope I'd know how to use the rest of the car by now after 5 years of driving - and if not i'm definately not going to learn it from that book no matter how big it is!)

I decided the proceed 3 1.6 dieselwas the car for me, I know it probably isn't worth the extra money over the 2 but all the fittings just set it off for me!

The steering seems fine to me, its a bit lighter than the golf I used to have but still feels "solid" - more so than the older style I test drove anyway!

My only complaint is that 300 miles into its life it has already developed a rattle in the dash somewhere - need to find it because its driving me up the wall!

Chris x

·
Registered
5 Posts
BTW, what sort of fuel economy are you getting? Before I picked up my car I was getting really worried that I had made an error reading all the "actual" fuel economies listed on this website. However so far I have managed 52mpg 70% motorway 30% town/country driving which I am extatic about. If thats set to improve a little with age then thats going to be very nice on my pocket...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Check the rattles not comming from the interior mirror we have hada few of thease rattle if so return to your dealer who will order a new one for you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuel economy?? Well, you should see my facebook status after my little rant lol As I was just pulling up on the drive I had a nose at my mpg....22.6!!!! Mind you, the car only has 32 miles on the clock from new so I'm ranting over nothing really lol I've got the 1.6 petrol but mine is an auto (long story!!)..my focus before that was a 1.6 go-kart too and that used to average out at 28mpg (around town) and 38mpg (motorway) lol I'll reset the ECU on the weekend and see what I get from then on...will keep you informed :)

Ceri x

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a rattle which is emanating from my glove box...I think it is the lid holders on either side which are rattling. My solution is to ram it full...now no rattle!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't had any rattling noises yet (touch wood!!) but I do have a funny whirring sound when I put the steering wheel into full lock. The only way I can describe it is it sounds like when you take your seat belt off and the belt whirs back into place...odd.

·
Registered
3 Posts
im having a problem with the search feature on the ipod aswell, i can get to the bits that say "search artist, search playlist" etc etc, but then when i press in the right hand knob to confirm it and search it just goes back to the start of the alphabetical list, is really doing my head in :( at the moment im just having to play it using a speaker cable from the ipod to the aux port and change the songs via the ipod. anybody help with what exact procedure needs to be followed to get into the artists or albums or playlists and to select which one to use?

many thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've had that problem a few times myself Marc, I just unplugged the ipod cable, plugged it back in and hey presto!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I also have the same problem. But I did read the manual, went through the steps but when I tryed to select an artist or an album it would just start the first song again. It won't let me scroll through the artist it just starts playin. Any ideas anyone? Ta

·
Registered
218 Posts
I tried to get my i pod to work in my car but only with the same problems you experiencing so dumped the ipod and now use a mini memory stick, 100+ CDs on it and just jump from CD to CD AND track to track via the head unit, no need to take stick out because its so small the thieves cant see it to steal it, a lot less bother than the ipod having to remove or hide when leaving car unattended . though it may seem long winded to find a specific cd it really flips through fast and i always find something very quickly. hope this helpsregards
geoff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same for me I now use a memory stick although on my recently bought Pro Cee-d the i-pod link functions better than the earlier version I owned

·
Registered
24 Posts
in my 2008 pro-cee'd the iPod connection only works fully (artist, song, genres etc)with my 2006 iPod 5th Gen. I presume this is because the car head unit is the same as the 2006 Cee'd when it was launched?

ipods with software later than the car wont work fully:

later iPods i can only get to play alphabetically (or in random). some models e.g. 1st gen touch only worked if switched into airplane mode first. odd?

anyone got a post 59 cee'd - can you stream music over A2DP bluetooth from an iPhone or is it cable for music and bluetooth for calls?

·
Registered
4 Posts
centaur said:
I have a rattle which is emanating from my glove box...I think it is the lid holders on either side which are rattling. My solution is to ram it full...now no rattle!!

My 57 ceed that I got last week had a rattle from the glove box area that was driving me insane!! It turned out to be 2 things:

1- there is a 'damper' on the left hand side of the glove box that allows it to open slowly. This damper was rattling on its mounting spiggot. I couldn't get it off so I used some closed cell foam and kind of packed it between the damper and the plastic bit next to it.

2- the second rattle was the plastic panel above the passengers footwell vibrating. You need to lie on your back in the footwell and look up and you will see the panel (think it covers the heater blower??). Anyway, the panel had a loose screw at the top and was loose where the tabs secure it at the back. I just tightened the screw and used a cable tie to secure the panel at the back.

All quiet now!

Hope this help someone!

Rich

·
Registered
218 Posts
Cheers Rich, got the same problem, will check out damper tho not sure if one fitted to my sport?? if not going to use some self adhesive rubber gasket should do the trick and i will also check under the footwell, tho pretty certain my rattle from top of glove box.regards
geoff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi cez dont worry about the steering sound have same on my picanto took to dealer and said it's fine its the steering motor nothing to worry about it . I just crank the radio up now don't worry about it , nice choice of car ! if i ever think of upgrade will go for same . have happy years of motoring hope the car goes well .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts