Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Ipod interface.

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  smellmet 
#1 ·
I've just tried plugging in my 80GB ipod classic into my optima 2 using the dual USB/AUX lead that i had in my pro cee'd and all that came on the screen was 'AUX' instead of connecting to the ipod. Am I doing something wrong? The lead fits fine and works in my cee'd. Do i need a different lead for the optima?

#2 ·
I've also just put some music in two folders on a 2GB memory stick this morning to make sure the USB port is functioning correctly and it worked perfectly, playing music and allowing me to navigate between the folders, and I can use the AUX port with a lead on it's own fine too. Does anyone else have a clue why the dual lead doesn't work as it should?
Edited by: smellmet

#3 ·
I use a 160Gb iPod Classic in my car, and have not had any problems.
The cable is Apple iPod to USB, that came with the Pod itself.
It sounds as if you have a cable fault.

I suggest you purchase the same as mine. They are only a few pounds on eBay.

#4 ·
I've got several of those white ones in the house - does the sound output through the USB without using the dual lead then?

#5 ·
Yes. All the information is transferred by USB. Maybe your problem is using both USB and 3.5 jack at the same time.
Once my iPod is plugged in, all music is shown and selected on thescreen. Apparently, it is possible to show videos that are stored on the iPod. I've not tried it myself.

#7 ·
Happy to report that using the single white USB cable works perfectly. The interface is excellent, I didn't realise you could scroll through all your playlists and it would replicate the order you'd synced them in iTunes. I'll be using it this way from now on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.