Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an optima on a 24 hr test drive, and i'm very impressed so far but i have one issue when conecting my ipod via the cable i am not able to change tracks via the steering wheel as i can in my sportage , can anyonetell me how i can do this.
by the way its a tech model with the built in sat nav, i assume it would be the same as the one in the sportage but i'm not familiar with that so i don't know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm not sure buddy, I only use a USB memory stick and it works straight away, I did bluetooth the conection through my iPod and stereo when I first got the car and couldn't change the tracks on my steering wheel then though

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cheers for the reply alex, i will give the usb stick a go and have a word at the dealers about the ipod.
I hope things are going well with your optima and your enjoying it.
Edited by: kiaman

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi there,

I've just picked up my Optima 3 and I have had my iPhone and iPod Nano connected to the car.
I've had them both connected via an Apple standard cable (not the cable that Kia supply) and they both work for changing tracks with the steering wheel remote.

I've also had my iPhone hooked up via bluetooth and streamed music to the system and it allows me to change track with the steering wheel too.

Hope this helps mate.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that Figment, i never thought of using the standard cable, I assume then the ipod option on the sat nav screen touch sreen becomes live which it didn't when i used the kia cable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yea, it does. I used the official Kia cable at the start and nothing showed up, however changing to the standard Apple cable worked

1 - 6 of 6 Posts