Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to access an ipod's Podcasts via the Kia's integrated i-pod connection using the 'special' lead and dashboard/car radios display.

I tried to copy them to a playlist but it doesn't recognise them.

I can only find the songs (artists, albulms, playlists etc).

Please help as I was hoping to listen to my audio-podcasts in my new car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi kinkex what make is the head unit ( radio ) and what type of iPod have you got? And what's the lead look like is it the charging lead ? sorry about loads of questions but need to know :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to help my father as I bought him the ipod for his car - it's a new nano with the digital screen. 6th generation.

Thought he could listen to his podcasts / audio-books in the car and use the integrated controls in his car. We can get all the normal songs to work perfectly.

The top menu on the aux setting seems to rotateAlbums,play-lists, songs, artists,genres but not podcasts/audiobooks.

The lead is the charger one which came with his car (aux-in with a USB one end, the other an ipod-in connector.

The car is a newish Sorento 2010 reg. I think he has the KX-3 spec.

Thestereois the one without the sat-nav but does everything else (radio, 6-disc cd, blue-tooth mobile connection). It must be the one with the KX-3 spec.

My only other thought is to use just an Aux lead into the car and control the ipod directly but this seems a shame given theintegrationyou get with the car.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Your lead your using is fine podcasts and audio books are tricky you can do the same way as Viking Paul says but only works on some types of headunits depending on make you can try that but usually podcasts can only be listerned to on alpine head units and high graded jvc units which is odd , you can use the aux 3.5 male - 3.5 male to listern to them from your IPod but use the iPod as controller :( hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep seems to work, so long as I click add the playlist on the podcast section of the sync option at the bottom of the screen in i-tunes [which I didn't originally].

1 - 7 of 7 Posts