Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum my i pod classic will not work in the Proceed Gt Line S when connected says no media found have tried using a friends blue tooth connect but this does not work either. The last resort is to go for a new 7th generation ipod touch does anyone know if this will work as the kia info site says 5th & 6th generation work. As i have have the classic for a number of years think that it may just not be up to date for the new Kia software.
Have taken car back and one of the engineers put his USB stick in and it worked fine so know theres nothing wron with connector.
Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi I am new to the forum my i pod classic will not work in the Proceed Gt Line S when connected says no media found have tried using a friends blue tooth connect but this does not work either. The last resort is to go for a new 7th generation ipod touch does anyone know if this will work as the kia info site says 5th & 6th generation work. As i have have the classic for a number of years think that it may just not be up to date for the new Kia software.
Have taken car back and one of the engineers put his USB stick in and it worked fine so know theres nothing wron with connector.
Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
Hi following on from my last post I purchased a new ipod touch which Kia say is supported in their software I plug into the usb reader in my Proceed Gt Line s only to find that this also says a message no media found. today I had a software up date and again ipod does not pay this time the message informs me that the usb is only for Iphone charging . The garage is now emailing kia to see what they can suggest.
I have tried my ipod classic and touch in variuos makes of vehicles that have usb connections and they worked perfectley it would appear that kia`s software no longer supports any form of media player orther a usb stich/flash drive. £40 wasted and the new screens are not user freindly either.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Proceed CD GT Line 1.4 T GDI
107 Posts
Hi following on from my last post I purchased a new ipod touch which Kia say is supported in their software I plug into the usb reader in my Proceed Gt Line s only to find that this also says a message no media found. today I had a software up date and again ipod does not pay this time the message informs me that the usb is only for Iphone charging . The garage is now emailing kia to see what they can suggest.
I have tried my ipod classic and touch in variuos makes of vehicles that have usb connections and they worked perfectley it would appear that kia`s software no longer supports any form of media player orther a usb stich/flash drive. £40 wasted and the new screens are not user freindly either.
Did you get any resolution?
I have an Ipod Nano (2nd gen) that I was using in a 2011 Kia Ceed SW, with the KIA/Hyundai connector (USB + 3.5mm jack).
I could get full usage from the steering wheel controls (up/down for next/previous tracks, used it on random play as the nano screen is now kaput).
I can't, however, get the steering wheel controls to work on a 2019 Proceed. it will play and dsiplay the music info on the infotainment screen, but if I want to change tracks, then I need to press the nano buttons and not the steering wheel controls...newer tech tends to not be very backward compatible...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you get any resolution?
I have an Ipod Nano (2nd gen) that I was using in a 2011 Kia Ceed SW, with the KIA/Hyundai connector (USB + 3.5mm jack).
I could get full usage from the steering wheel controls (up/down for next/previous tracks, used it on random play as the nano screen is now kaput).
I can't, however, get the steering wheel controls to work on a 2019 Proceed. it will play and dsiplay the music info on the infotainment screen, but if I want to change tracks, then I need to press the nano buttons and not the steering wheel controls...newer tech tends to not be very backward compatible...
The new ipod touch has blue tooth when i first tried to set it up went through the phone blue tooth set up and was worried about the phone then not connecting. The engineer at Kia set it up via blue tooth media and this does`nt affect in coming phone calls etc and all the steering wheel controls and screen you can use to change tracks sound and more via them without touching the ipod so sorted. I did however try a small blue tooth device that you can plug into the early 30 pin ipods but the media in the car would not pick this up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.