Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got a 21 plate Rio 2. I've tried several times to connect my phone using an apple approved cable. It works at first and then comes up with this message:

Has anyone else had this problem and/or knows how to fix it? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just got a 21 plate Rio 2. I've tried several times to connect my phone using an apple approved cable. It works at first and then comes up with this message:
View attachment 9639

Has anyone else had this problem and/or knows how to fix it? Thanks
I didn't see this before I posted the exact same thing. Apple Carplay on this model now seems to be wireless. Plugging the phone in doesn't actually connect to Carplay. I've Googled this and there's countless examples in the US and Australia of this happening and it seems to be an issue with the software in the Infotainment head unit conflicting with an update to iOS. You seem to be only other example in the UK I've found. Apparently they are issuing an update in the US/Australia to resolve this. I'm going to mention it to my dealer when they do their aftersales call.

·
Super Moderator
4,946 Posts
Kia have not updated their software for Wireless connections for Apple or Android.
You may even find that unless you are running MY20 or 21 that it will not be possible as it is a hardware issue on older units.

As to Op.
Try deleting phone from system and start again.

Reactions: Sad555

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't see this before I posted the exact same thing. Apple Carplay on this model now seems to be wireless. Plugging the phone in doesn't actually connect to Carplay. I've Googled this and there's countless examples in the US and Australia of this happening and it seems to be an issue with the software in the Infotainment head unit conflicting with an update to iOS. You seem to be only other example in the UK I've found. Apparently they are issuing an update in the US/Australia to resolve this. I'm going to mention it to my dealer when they do their aftersales call.
Hi thanks for the information. This has been an ongoing problem nothing will work. I have to say Kia Leicester have been fantastic and have tried to sort it out. Kia have told them that the problem only lies with iPhone 7 and 11, others should be fine. It is the new wireless option that’s causing the problem. I’m now looking at other options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kia have not updated their software for Wireless connections for Apple or Android.
You may even find that unless you are running MY20 or 21 that it will not be possible as it is a hardware issue on older units.

As to Op.
Try deleting phone from system and start again.
Thank you. I had tried this. The problem is with the compatibility with iPhone 11 unfortunately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi thanks for the information. This has been an ongoing problem nothing will work. I have to say Kia Leicester have been fantastic and have tried to sort it out. Kia have told them that the problem only lies with iPhone 7 and 11, others should be fine. It is the new wireless option that’s causing the problem. I’m now looking at other options.
Do you have the wireless option on your system? I've got a 21 plate GT-S and there's no wireless option at all, I even contacted the dealer who stated it's running the latest version. I know last year it was advertised on the official website but now it's strangely vanished. In regards to wired mode, thankfully haven't had any issues with both the official apple cable and anker cable, however I am running an iPhone 12.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an iPhone XR and my girlfriend has an iPhone 12 and neither work. My Kia service centre is investigating on my behalf.

·
Super Moderator
4,946 Posts
So will it connect via wireless option?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts