Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone, good to see a Forum dedicated to Kia Owners. We just became the keepers of a Black 07 plate 1.0 gs Picanto. It's my wifes car, her choice and it seems a wise one. I'm hoping to join the Kia brand myself with my personal drive at the end of the year, with a Pro Cee'd Sport hopefully in White!

Anyhow, the Picanto. 3 yrs old, 9,000 genuine miles & a Kia service history. For a budget car... what a refreshing drive! No rattles or shakes, steers true and performs exacly as required by Mrs Ffoxy.

So well pleased with the purchase. The Dealer completed a full Service & an MoT included in the purchase cost. No complaints, but will be here to be helped & help others in any way I can on my wifes behalf.

Thanks for reading guys & gals...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, my wife too opted for the Picanto during the scrappage scheme last year, such a good deal. She wanted a black one and due to time restrictions of her trade in car we ended up getting the Picanto 3, a bit more expensive but a lovely looking little thing.
She was swayed to look at Kia due to me owning a Proceed (3) for 2 years now (also in black - white is loooverrly), I couldn`t be happier, it`s a super car, I cover 100 miles plus a day and have had no problems what-so-ever.

Hope your liking of Kia continues and look fwd to hearing more from you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome & good wishes guys. Currently a member of The Fiat Forum while driving my Grande Punto MJet 130 diesel. Re-mapped of course. We've had a great time together in 65,000 trouble free miles but it's time to move on to the Pro Ceed Sport diesel at the end of the year. I like banter in a Forum, I can give & take within the rules and hopefully I can give & get help to others.

Had a quick look over the Picanto last night... Jeez you can change headlight bulbs the old fashioned way! Well done Kia! Is that the same across the range?

Cheers... Keith

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hmmm, unsure, yet to change any on mine, hope so, even if it means loosing skin off my knuckles I`d rather that than removing a headlight cluster `just` to change a bulb !!!!!
I too m a bit of a forum nut....still on a Vauxhall ite and it`s been 2 years with Kia now, just such a great site, met loads of people and now have a very close friend who owns a garage with his dad...champion !!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heheh at the skinned knuckles Drakey, on the Stilo the whole front bumper has to come off to change the near-side front lamps! Mrs Ffoxy likes her Picanto anyhow, I guess it will be down to me to cover the small to medium fixes... we have a "fleet" of 4 cars at our house, I hope NOT to be too busy!

Some Forums (Fora?) can be great fun, and informative as well as helpful, I doubt I'll leave The Fiat Forum no matter what car I have for precisely the reasons you say... friendships & commeraderie are PRICELESS!

Edited by: Ffoxy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts