Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the snow ive got a problem with the intimittant front wipers they work but frequent not intimittant just plain on and if you turn them off they stop dead and not reset to the bottom of the windscreen ive checked the fuses all fine ive triend reseting the memory leaving it off. ive disconected the battery for a while still the same any ideas?

·
Registered
99 Posts
matt i had the same problem with my 2005 carens when i bought it i think the previous owner had spilled the contents of a coffee cup in the gap between the steering wheel, it caused the circuit board to burn out, NOW my cure was the purchase of a second hand pair of stalks on ebay for a tenner which came from a sedona, it had the same circuit board so i just swopped unit over. 1st, disconnect battery[ make coffee]wait for airbag to disarm about 20/30mins to be sure, remove airbag screws disconnect cables remove steering wheel disconnect wiring under dash at connector block remove whole stalk assembly and replace with donor unit make sure the clock ring is centered when re-asembled ,i looked at separating the printed circuit unit with wires and reusing my own stalks but as there was no difference in them i just swopped the lot ,as yours is the later model im not sure of stalks but guess the circuit board would be the same and the relays on it .It not a hard job for the average DIY mechanic just take care and time [less than an hour]REMEMBER AIR BAG TIME.i dont think ive forgotten anything but just take it i step at a time mate, i hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts