Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

just an observation first day using the car in the rain and the intermi wipers which has four setting doesn’t seem to be as responsive as other cars I have had I mean that the window had to be well and truly soaked for them to kick in and wipe the screen even in the higher setting?

thanks Lee

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the same problem on my ceed. Similar when the rain slows down as well, the wipers keep going too fast, too long. On my previous car I could leave the auto wipers to do their thing. Definitely can't do the same with the ceed. Disappointing given the name.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Well mine sem to go into hyperdrive too easily!

Is the area of the windscreen behind the mirror properly clean? I believe the sensor is in there.

However I do agree that the fearure takes too much management to keep th esensitivity at the appropriate level. It seems to have only two effective settings, "too sensitive" and "not sensitive enough" Would by far prefer a simple intermittent wipe.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yep, hyper drive, that's the one. Even after the rain has stopped. I'm sometimes fearful of them self destructing with the ferocity of the wiping.

I've given up adjusting the sensitivity, I prefer manual instead. Lights live on auto, wipers not so much. Even when I used to keep mine spotless, back when I enjoyed the car wash process, I could never get to a satisfactory setting where I could leave the wipers on auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts