Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the start of the year we have been have a problem where our little lady has a tantrum and refuses to start. We have had thefuel filter and associated housing changed and the system worked for a while then the prob;em came back.There is no particular time it happens ,i have read it could be the battery .Has anyone else had this problem

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Had a similar problem when I got the car and there was fault with the immobiliser antenna pickup. It could not detect the chip in the key so would not start but if you took the key out and inserted it back in ignition barrel it would start. This comes up as a error code on the ecu but does not cause the MIL light to stay on. I also had a problem about a month later and that the car would start ok but after a few seconds it would cut out but it would start again and be ok untill next start up. It turned out to be the water sensor threads and seal on the fuel filter had been overtightened and stripped some threads and split the rubber sealing washer. Once a new one was fitted all has been well. Worth connecting to a code reader to see if you have an immobiliser fault.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi, when you put the ignition on, check the immobiliser light on the dash, should come on with ignition, if it doesn't come on it won't start, be worth keeping an eye on that light. if it doesn't come on, fault with immob system as mentioned above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts