Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had intermittent issues with the rear near side door and boot being locked. All other doors work.
This can be like it a few days and then be fine for days/weeks.
It went in under warranty several times, including once having it for a week but each time while the doors were working and they were unable to replicate the problem.
Ironically it has been a few years free of issues, but suddenly they’re back.
I am however now outside the 7 year warranty, have moved (so the local dealer was not the original supplier), the original dealer has changed computer systems and does not have the investigation history!!!
The local dealer wants to charge £120 per hour for diagnostics (previously not found in a week!).
If anyone has had similar issues I would have a starting point?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I've not had this issue. But I can tell you that the locks are all on the same circuit as my fuse blew and took the lot out so, if there was a problem with the system, it would affect all locks. I do have experience of wiring looms chafing inside their rubber housing causing intermittent locking problems - this was on an old Rover however! The boot was the first to go as it had to stretch that bit further. Worth a look at the least.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts