Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Sorento CRDI XE Manual 2004 beginning of December last year from a main dealer. It came with a 12 month warranty and has 60,000 miles on the clock.Within a few days I noticed I was having problems on and off with the first 3 gears.
The dealer changed the oil and hoped that would cure the problem which it has not.
The car has been back 3 more time, sometimes up to 10 days for them to find a fault but nothing so far.
Sometimes the first gear locks up solid as if there is a piece of metal in the way the same with the other 2 gears. I have been told the gearboxes are "notchey" but this is worse than notchey.
The top part of the box has been stripped and no fault found.
The service manager and some of his team say they have driven the car and not had any problems.
I am an experenced driver having driven lorries in the past.
I cannot believe that they have driven the car and not had the same problems as me.
With 3 months warranty left apart from leaving the car with them I am at a loss where to go next.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Firstly document your issues, place/date/time etc in case the dealer keeps fobbing you off till warranty expires...the sorento is not fit for purpose at the moment, so you should hand it back to them asking for a new gearbox...
The manual is problematic, notchy from 1st to second normally but should be ok in the others..Kia are aware of this issue so i would stand my ground and seek legal guidance with view to either handing it back or not accepting it back untill repaired with a further 6 month warranty on the repair.

Taff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Taff
Thank you for your advice.

I will get back in touch with the dealship and see what they think about this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts