Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I bought a Kia Carens 2.0 CRTD LX last weel & all was fine untill today.

It is a 2002 model with 42k miles & full service history. It has
suddenly started to stop revving ( it just sits on idle) for no reason
at all, but by switching off the ignition & restarting the car
starts again as if nothing happened, even if i just turn the ignition
off & on & bump start it, it restarts fine immediatly?? There
is also a vibrating noise coming from a small unit at the back of the
engine bay behind the intercooler that when i touched the noise stopped
althought the car still would not rev above tickover until i turned the
ignition off & back on.

Any ideas guys??

Thanks in advance

Jon

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi mate check the rubber grommet under your brake pedal stop, mine did this intermitantly, the grommet had worn in the centre enough i think to make the car believe the brakes hed been applied,I posted a thread a while ago as sudden loss of power.The grommet was spun around to a firmer spot and i have `touch wood `have had no re-occurances
hope this helps
col

·
Registered
4 Posts
rsvmille, have you resolved this yet, I have a 2005 diesel that is displaying similarsymptoms?

It started a few weeks ago and progressively worsened, to the point that it does not re-start until you've left it for a few minutes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rincewind said:
rsvmille, have you resolved this yet, I have a 2005 diesel that is displaying similarsymptoms?

It started a few weeks ago and progressively worsened, to the point that it does not re-start until you've left it for a few minutes?

Or not at all now!!!

Weird fault this one, it started on the button first time in heavy frost conditions this morning, I then stopped it and tried to start it again; it started then stalled a few moments later, then it refused to start at all. I've been out a couple of times since and it still won't start, although I'd put money on it starting first thing tomorrow.

Any help would be most appreciated as this is peeing me off, and I don't fancy paying for a tow to the main dealer and losing my life savings when I get there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts