Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm test driving a Ceed this weekend and wonder if anyone can give me some advance information that's really important to me. I'm a cyclist and at the moment in my current car if I put the rear seats down there is 67 inches from the tailgate to the back of the front seats. That's easily enough to accommodate a bike of 65 inches length without taking the wheel off.

Does anyone know the corresponding measurement in the Ceed and the Ceed SW?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
245 Posts
Why no take your bike and a tape measure with you? If the dealer wants the sale he will happily let you test it to make sure it meets your requirements.

I took two large suitcases with me as I wanted to make sure I could fit them in the hatchback easily with extra space to spare and without folding down any seats. This meant I could rule out the need to go for the SW estate version.

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't know whether this will be a help or not, just purchased an electric bike for her indoors and with the seats down and wheels all attached it easily fitted into the back of my Ceed 2, 2010 model. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just measured my new Pro Ceed 4 and with the front passenger seat as far forward as it will go the measurement is 67.5 inches. Hope this helps.Edited by: gandalf999

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it's about 57 inches in the back of a Ceed hatchback which isn't enough - so I think I'll be going for an SW (I didn't push the seats as far forward as they'd go as I need room for somebody in them)

Was quite impressed with the test drive. My decision now is whether to go for the 3 or the 4. I'm not sure that a more powerful engine, leather seats, satnav and reversing cam and folding mirrors is worth £1300 so I'll probably plump for the 3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts