Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I’ve got a 2004 Sedona and the interior lights work if I manually turn them on but don’t come on when the doors are opened although the ones on the bottom of the doors light up anyone else had this problem it’s almost like it’s on a separate feed or fuse ?
Norm

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,

Not familiar with the Sedona.
Usually controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module)

They are in the 2007-2012 Ceed Electrical Manual and were in a similar aged Primera. (Transistor failed in the BCM causing the same fault)
Not simple direct Switches like they used to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forum,

Not familiar with the Sedona.
Usually controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module)

They are in the 2007-2012 Ceed Electrical Manual and were in a similar aged Primera. (Transistor failed in the BCM causing the same fault)
Not simple direct Switches like they used to be.
I found a comment on another post about the same problem in a different model to do with the switch on the dashboard and the rear 4 lights now work when the doors open but the two front dome lights don’t

·
Registered
833 Posts
I found a comment on another post about the same problem in a different model to do with the switch on the dashboard and the rear 4 lights now work when the doors open but the two front dome lights don’t
Other similar posts have indicated that failed interior lights can be caused by a blown diode - these are often located in the roof fitting, a 5mm long black component with a silver band on.

You can fix this yourself if it is the issue. Can be tested with a multimeter if you have one or short it out and see if the lights come on when the door is open. The diode is there so you can switch the roof lights on individually without turning on door or other interior lights. Dirt cheap to buy (look on flebay for 1N4004) fitting requires some soldering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts