Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all have a 05 sedona 2.9 lx. Only the drivers side interior light comes on when the doors are opened thepassenger light and the rear passenger lights can all be turned on by using the appropiate roof switch or dash switch, is there a relay some where that controls them? Have been to my local Kia dealer in Kilkenny, they haven't a clue they farm there electrical work out, any help much appreciated. One other thing the A/Cnot working when turned on there's like a whispering sound from behind the glove compartment is this normal?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi. I have 2001 tdi s. On the dash under the rear heated screen is a button with picture of button as in ceiling with radiating dash lines pointing downwards.

This controls my rear interiorn lights but I also have to make sure that they are also on by pressing the light casing itself too on each light.

This made sence before trying to write is !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for that, turned lights on by pressing in switch on dash then turned them off by pushing lens now they come on when door is opened, seems a weird system on my Vito the rear passenger lights came on when i opened the side doors and could also be turned on by the dash switch

·
Registered
390 Posts
Dave Guest said:
Hi thanks for that, turned lights on by pressing in switch on dash then turned them off by pushing lens now they come on when door is opened, seems a weird system on my Vito the rear passenger lights came on when i opened the side doors and could also be turned on by the dash switch
Thanks for the y reply, another brownie point!.

Steve G

Blackpool

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dave Guest said:

That's great mine now work!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dave Guest said:
Hi all have a 05 sedona 2.9 lx. Only the drivers side interior light comes on when the doors are opened thepassenger light and the rear passenger lights can all be turned on by using the appropiate roof switch or dash switch, is there a relay some where that controls them? Have been to my local Kia dealer in Kilkenny, they haven't a clue they farm there electrical work out, any help much appreciated. One other thing the A/Cnot working when turned on there's like a whispering sound from behind the glove compartment is this normal?

This is actualy quite normal for a non working A/C, they seem to pack up after 12 - 24 months. Have a look through the Forum there are a number of threads regaarding A/C's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts