Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The handbook (page 4.68)on my SW3 states that the interior light should come on for approx. 30 seconds when the key is removed from the ignition. No matter what position I set the switches for the interior lights, I cannot get the light to come on when the ignition key is removed (unless, of course, I open a door). My local Kia agent (Stoneacre, Wallasey) say "this function doesn't work on any Ceed". I cannot believe this to be true. So that I can challenge this, can anyone tell me that it works on their Ceed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Thunderbird. Thanks for reply.
My handbook does state that it should come on. My Honda Jazz has this facility (as do several of my neighbours cars). I appreciate the bit about "not all.......vehicle", but the SW3 was supposed to be 'top of the ceed range' and therefore I expected this function to work. I may end up seeking cofirmation (or otherwise) from Kia UK.

·
Registered
245 Posts
No mine doesn't do it. It's one gripe I have with my C'eed so far after almost two months of ownership - something so seemingly simple that they have overlooked.

I was very surprised that it doesn't have this feature, I just thought all cars did this nowadays! Obviously I've been spoilt in my previous cars

·
Registered
434 Posts
HI, My ceed sport does just to same, turn off the ignition and expect the lights to come on and you just sit there in the dark until you open the door. The only time my lights stay on is when you enter the car.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That's strange. My pro-ceed 4 does it. Even been down just to check. Sliders front and back both on door. Will post a vid in the morning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wrote to Kia UK and have now had a reply from Kia, Customer Contact Centre. They state:-
"The interior light on the UK ceed sw isn't intended to operate in the same way as European designs. The interior light in your car will therefore not remain illuminated for 30 seconds after the key is removed from the igition"

Sounds like a bit of a cop out to me. Anybody got a European ceed????!!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
tezsw3 said:
Sounds like a bit of a cop out to me. Anybody got a European ceed????!!!!!
Total cop out! Why on earth would they not keep that a standard feature across all models - I fail to understand:

A) Why the UK market wouldn't want that feature (we have a night-time too!!!!
)

B) How there can be any advantage or cost saving to them not to leave it standard across a specific model globally??? It must be more expensive to have numerous varying parts???

Streamline the production process! - I think Kia need my help for a bit of common sense brain storming!

Edited by: micman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts