Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a very odd issue, when a door is opened the light on the roof, drivers side only, does not come on, the passenger side one does as do the rear ones, the drivers side one works perfectly if I press the button to turn it on manually and I have also swapped bulbs ove, just in case lol, has anyone else had this issue?
I am suspecting a defective switch on the panel, any ideas would be very welcome

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,471 Posts
Hi all, I have a very odd issue, when a door is opened the light on the roof, drivers side only, does not come on, the passenger side one does as do the rear ones, the drivers side one works perfectly if I press the button to turn it on manually and I have also swapped bulbs ove, just in case lol, has anyone else had this issue?
I am suspecting a defective switch on the panel, any ideas would be very welcome
Probably not a switch but a diode (small black electronic component) in the fitting.

The diode allows the local switch to just turn on the local light while the door switches can turn on all the lights. Without the diode the local switch would turn on all lights. You can test by just bridging the diode out with a bit of wire when the door is open and the lamp should light.

See this post for an image;

Diodes can be bought from fleaBay for a few pence. Diodes are also called silicon rectifiers you need one rated around 3 amps, e.g.

Reactions: captain23

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably not a switch but a diode (small black electronic component) in the fitting.

The diode allows the local switch to just turn on the local light while the door switches can turn on all the lights. Without the diode the local switch would turn on all lights. You can test by just bridging the diode out with a bit of wire when the door is open and the lamp should light.

See this post for an image;

Diodes can be bought from fleaBay for a few pence. Diodes are also called silicon rectifiers you need one rated around 3 amps, e.g.
Thank you for that insight and pointing me in the right direction, I appreciate that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.