Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, bought a 09 Sorento XE and would be grateful for advice re-interior map light coming on when door is opened. According to the manual, I have the type B map light and it should illuminate on entry to the vehicle. The dome middle light and luggage area lights work perfectly. Is this correct? A quick Google has thrown up a possible rogue diode being the problem , while another post says the front map lights don't come on without manual operation?
The single bulbs in the map lights work okay when pressed. So is the manual right or wrong?
Living in the country without street lighting it's one of the little things that makes life easier!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Terry. Looks like the manual is wrong then, glad I didn't start on the wiring.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've wondered why it is like that, you would think that having the map lights on when you get in the car would be quite useful?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have an XE were the map lights come on as the door opens, as stated in the handbook? And not just the middle dome and rear luggage area lights?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts