Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!
I have found the yellow block with the 10 amp and 15amp fuses in, but can't pull it out of the larger fuse box in order to change fuses. Can anyone help? ASAP please.
M J W

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
My Sportage has a fuse removal tool in teh cabin fuse box. Failing that try needle nose pliers or (carefully) a small scredriver to lever it out but avoid the connector area as this could be live.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Sportage has a fuse removal tool in teh cabin fuse box. Failing that try needle nose pliers or (carefully) a small scredriver to lever it out but avoid the connector area as this could be live.
Thank you
I have a Kia Rio 2009. So is it not possible to remove the yellow block that the 2 fuses are in? I have a fuse tool coming in the post, but I don't think it will give me the leverage I need. Maybe I will do what you suggest and use thin pliers or screwdriver. Such a fiddly job though. Thank you for replying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If my 2011 Carens has the same yellow block, yes you can remove it with a bit of encouragement, but it was stiff. I can't remember, but I think you may need to pinch the sides in when you pull. I'm not really sure why those two fuses are in that block in the first place! You'll then need a flat blade screwdriver to push the fuses out of it as they will be pretty well stuck in there. Doesn't help that the plastics are all cold with zero give this time of year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got the yellow fuse block out. Yes, the sides do have to be nipped in at the same time. Not easy. Ordered replacement 10amp fuses which arrived today..... too big! Typical. Back to square one again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts