Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I has just occured to me , if Kia are informing all us who are waiting for a Sportage that delivery times aregreater thanat the time spanstatedat the purchase deal. Are we all notentitled to the interestearned by our deposits sitting in Kia's bank and not ours whilst we wait over and above the first dates recorded on the purchase form (top right),not that its likely to be a lot with the current interest rates, its more ofa principal than financial. As I feel thatKia want it all ways.

·
Registered
844 Posts
three andthreepencecomes to mind?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
notwold- I presume you mean the longer I wait and the less my px value is on another deal because of depreciation ,but the price is agreed and surely fixedat the time of adeal bing made,the wait is there issue not mine and so does not diminish my deal values.

·
Registered
207 Posts
mherschell - Although you may have agreed a PX price it is always subject to the vehicle being in the same condition when you come to change as it was when the PX offer was made. If for example, you were to get a ding in a door between agreeing an offer and actually changing over, then the dealer can legally ask you to have the vehicle repaired or he can lower the PX to reflect the cost of the damage being made good.They can also reduce the PX price if you have done excessive mileage since agreeing the deal.
However, if delivery is delayed there may be a case for arguing about the mileage!

Regarding delivery - If they have put a firm date in writing ,with no get outs -then again you may have a case for some form of recompense . BUT (and a big but!) virtually all contracts for new vehicle deliveries have a clause such as "we will use our best endeavours to deliver on the indicated date, but cannot guarantee it". I bought my Carens new from KIA UK stock and the dealer said they would expect to deliver it to me the following Thursday. My sales contract had a clause similar to the above - it was in fact the following Monday as the KIA delivery vehicle broke down on way to dealer and had to be towed back to its depot, so the next delivery was on the Thursday, PDI done Friday, taxed Friday and I collected it on the Monday. I was naturally a bit niggled as I'd planned to go away for the weekend in my nice new car!!

It's worse of course if the ordered vehicle is not already in the country - then the dealer can only go on approx dates given by the importer and there's no way they will give you a firm delivery date!
There are various postings on this site of long deliveries etc and some posters have had goodwill gestures made by Kia

Anyway, that's my two pennorth for what it's worth.

·
Registered
536 Posts
the way I see it, is that they dont charge inflation. Their costs are always increasing yet stick to the price in the contract. I cant see it being a huge amount of interest anyway. Highest interest rate on a current account in theUK is probably less that 3%APR. When i ordered my pro_ceed 4 (which at the time was very hard to get hold of in the colour i wanted) all i was asked for was £100. I paid the car up in full when it arrived. So even if i had waited a whole year for it to arrive....the interest wouldn't bemuch more than a fiver.... It'll cost more than that to swap over your car insurance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts