Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just noticed the rio diesel is insurance group 17, this seemed a little high to me so I investigated it a little on the thatcham website.

Now, its listed as group 17, category D and security N2.

N2 means the car has an immobiliser only and it hasn't been tested by thatcham, but the car has an immobiliser and alarm? I think this should at the least make it N1.

The category D means it does not meet the security requirement for a car of this type and the
group rating has therefore been increased.

Why is this information wrong and shouldn't kia be doing something about it? The cee'd is also listed as immobiliser only but it has been tested, I'd have thought kia used the same alarm system?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Its insurance group 4 to 5 depending on model spec. I've got one and there cheap to insure. £185 fully comp. 50year old with full no claims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the old scale, on the new scale rio's range from groups 12 - 17.

Besides, my point was that the security information seems to me to be wrong in that the car has an alarm and immobiliser, also why do kia not sort this out as well as submit all their alarms/immobilisers for testing?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Well I'm an old guy and I still work in pounds shillings and pennys
. Oh well you learn sumit every day.
I got the info off the Parkers site. But I see the Whatcar site is giving it at 17 new money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't know there were new groups either until I saw it was group 17 and investigated a bit.

I just don't understand why kia haven't 1. at least made sure that the info is correct 2. submitted their system for testing, surely they'd like the insurance group to be as low as possible???

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I think the've got the group wrong. A Ford Focus 2.0ltr petrol is group 17 in the new grouping so how can a Rio 1.5 diesel be the same ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts