Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the 2ltr sports diesel pro cee'd for the last month, purchased from Lookers in Sheffield. Loved the car, it was my pride and joy, a great drive.
Last week (Sun 12th) an unknownSheffield scumbag nicked a car, parked it next to mine, and torched it meaning extensive fire damage to the drivers front of mine. I'll try to upload a photo later, but basically it will need a new bonnet, front grill, front fog, new front plasics. It's been taken away and is currently awaiting repair.

I'd like to make sure that it will be an authorised approved Kia dealer/repairer that carries out the repairs. I know that a professional insurance company should do that as a matter of course. But is there any way of me deciding which garage I want MY repairs to be done at. I don't want just any backstreet mechanic to touch the love of my life.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Its your car therefore you can decide where it is repaired regardless of what any insurance company may tell youbut with my insurance policy (Aviva) if I choose my own garage I don't get a garanteed loan car plus I have to pay an additional excess (£200 I think). When Dads car got hit a couple of years ago (Nissan)I agreed on his behalf with the insurance company that we were perfectlyhappy for it to be one of their nominated repairers but we wanted it to go to a Nissan garage to ensure the body warranty was unaffected. Nissan garage about 15 miles away fitted the bill perfectly and they collected car, left loan car, repaired carand returned car with no additional costs.
Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts