Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have a 2014 kx4 and the wife left the start button on and flattened the battery, I have jumped the car but notice the lcd screen that shows mileage and all the other stuff has stopped working, but if I press the steering mode button I do get something displayed, the same if I am reversing the sensors work and show something in the screen. Is there a way to get this reset at all
Vehicle Speedometer Car Trip computer Plant

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Is there a way to get this reset at all
Whether or not your model has a fuse switch within the internal fuse box, I don't know, but that would be my preferred choice to disconnect the power from the instrument panel. Leaving it switched off for a short period, perhaps 15-20 minutes, may possibly produce the desired result although I have never seen the kind of fuzzy display you have captured in the pic.

Is the battery now fully charged? It doesn't magically return to a state of full charge after it has been seriously discharged and may well benefit from a lengthy charge using a smart charger such as the Ctek models.

If you remember the early days of Sky boxes in the UK, they frequently developed a variety of faults which necessitated a call to the company's customer service dept. In a great many cases, the problem was remedied by unplugging the box from power and leaving it unplugged for a full 10 minutes. There's no accounting for these incomprehensible electronic glitches.:rolleyes:

Whatever you do to fix the issue, please return to appraise readers of the cure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whether or not your model has a fuse switch within the internal fuse box, I don't know, but that would be my preferred choice to disconnect the power from the instrument panel. Leaving it switched off for a short period, perhaps 15-20 minutes, may possibly produce the desired result although I have never seen the kind of fuzzy display you have captured in the pic.

Is the battery now fully charged? It doesn't magically return to a state of full charge after it has been seriously discharged and may well benefit from a lengthy charge using a smart charger such as the Ctek models.

If you remember the early days of Sky boxes in the UK, they frequently developed a variety of faults which necessitated a call to the company's customer service dept. In a great many cases, the problem was remedied by unplugging the box from power and leaving it unplugged for a full 10 minutes. There's no accounting for these incomprehensible electronic glitches.:rolleyes:

Whatever you do to fix the issue, please return to appraise readers of the cure.
All fixed went through some of the fuses and fuse number 22 which was for instrument cluster. Wasn't blown but pulled it and put it back in reset the cluster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts