Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a Soul 2 diesel. Nice car, decent spec', but one problem I have found is that I cannot adjust the instrument panel lights. They are very bright and reflect off my specs. In the USA they get the panel light adjustment in place of the headlight level switch. Does anybody (Maybe at Kia UK) know whether the wiring for the panel light adjuster is in the UK loom? I could then try and get a switch from the USA and fit it next to the height adjuster.
If you are missing the parcel shelf, I was told they did not fit them but they were a no cost option if you ask for one. This I did and one appeared out of the stores straight away.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dont know about the lights but the parcel shelf was in very short supply at launch. They were being sent out as a warranty claim after registrations. Now they have sufficient stocks so the cars are coming with them fitted from KMUK now.

As for the lights, Murphwiz is the one to ask here.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nsmith1180, I will try him. How about the water leaks getting through the door rubbers? I read about the leak the day I pcked up my Soul, and yes, this morning there was the the first drip on the scuff plate on the drivers side. As I live in Cumbria you can imagine the amount of water coming down, I do not really want it all going in my car. Have you heard of a rectification?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not really, again more one for Murphwiz, but we have a Soul on courtesy car fleet, a Soul on demo and one on the used car pitch. We havnt had any water ingress. Im in Milton Keynes, not as wet as you, but still pritty soggy!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi nsmith1180.
The water drips onto the plastic scuff plate on the sill. If I look at the bottom of the door I can see a drip on the interior side of the door rubber. The rubbers are quite loose even though clipped into the door. If the car were to be parked at a steeper angle sideways I suspect the water would miss the scuff plate and run onto the carpet. I thought the idea of door seals was to 'do what it says on the tin' and seal the doors from the body. can you ask around as you are in contact with technicians etc. If this could be looking like a problem it needs nipping in the bud.Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
662 Posts
be sure its not when you open the door that the water drops from the cant rail on to the sil the soul roof line is with in the floor plan Ie drop a string line from the roof edge above the door and look where it hits the carpet

we have not seen any water ingress on soul

have seen some picantos where the speakers are not sealed to the doors this can allow water to get the wrong side of the door seal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts