Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in the car, switched on, and the instrument cluster doesnt work. No tachometer, no speedo, no temperature gauge, no fuel gauge, no mileometer etc.
I disconnected the battery just on the off-chance that it would come back to life afterwards, but no joy.
Because I disconnected the battery, I have to enter the radio codes, but the one listed on the PDI document isnt valid so now the unit is "locked", looks like I'll have to drive about in silence as well.
Will call the dealer first thing monday. Will post back with an update.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Only a stab in the dark, but it could be a relay or fuse, depending on the setup.

HTH

The guy in the Dealership I got mine from said the Radio is encoded to the Key! I didn't get a code.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a fuse on the inside fuse box, 10A, I checked it and it was OK.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This morning the cluster is working perfectly. Conclusion, this is an intermittent fault.
Radio still needs unlocking - will call dealer today

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: intermittent clusters are a know problem caused by mobile phone interference (apparently).

Radio now working. When it reports "locked" wait 1 hour. Unit must be powered up (but not necessarily switched on) and you are presented with the option to enter your radio code. Initial value is 0000. I had changed mine sometime in the past (and forgotten, but now remembered) it burst into life first time

·
Registered
887 Posts
Worth checking the transport fuse in the fuse box, the one surrounded in yellow plastic tab, pull it out and reseat it.
Radio codes are not set as standard on cee'ds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts