Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how /if it is possible to dim the Instrument Cluster Lights on a Sportage 3 (Non Sat-Navif that makes a difference)According to my Manual there is an 'up/down' switch to the right of the Steering Column.
Not on my car there ain't !!

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive got that feature on your right low down along with the headlight adjust button down hill assist, and slip differential buttons.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not fitted on UK spec models as we get a useless button to disable the internal movement sensors for the alarm where the panel dimmer is on non UK models
Edited by: mc505afm

·
Registered
308 Posts
There's a lot of "if fitted" in the English (speaking) RHD manual. I'm thinking that outside the UK that must be all of 3 countries where a handfull of Sportages are driven.....and they get all the good stuff. I thought my instrument cluster dimmed a wee bit when i put the headlights on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i live in cyprus and we also have rhd cars. it seems like we do get more goodies for our money, than the uk spec cars do. you would have thought all rhd cars were made in one batch,<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The UK spec cars have a more sophisticated Thatcham approved alarm and immobiliser with interior movement sensors instead of a rheostat to dimthedash lights. I know which I'd rather have.

I disagree that the deactivation button is useless too. I'd say it was essential. It means that in the summer, the sunroof or windows can be left cracked open with the doors locked. It also means that you can leave animals or children locked in the car too. I put a fan heater in the car to defrost the windows and warm up the interior on winter mornings. I'd have to faff about unlocking the car before I turned it on if I couldn't disable the interior alarm the night before.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes, that is really annoying when you have the lights on for day-time poor visibility - you can't see the radio or clock display. On the other hand, the speedo illumination is too bright for driving on unlit roads at night.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Oh yes, I use the sensor deactivation button to - locking the 2.5 year old in the car whilst I call at the speedbank / shop / petrol station etc

WD

·
Registered
216 Posts
Think Id rather just have a normal immobiliser based system without all the interior protection stuff, I dont leave anything on show in the car for the smash n grab thefts so dont need ultrasonic bits. I would much rather have the dimmable facility for the dash

·
Registered
156 Posts
Same here. It annoys me that the console is too bright in the dark and too dim with the lights on in the daytime.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The other thing that UK cars would gain if the interior alarm was deleted would be the sunglasses storage box in the roof console. That would be handy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts