Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody I'm new to this forum. I'm the proud owner of a 19 plate 1 litre Kia Picanto but having problems with the LCD digital display issues if anyone can advise?.
The other day the LCD digital readout in centre of the Instrument panel started to flickering but today it has gone completely blank / black. I can't see things like mileage counter, trip info, outside temperature etc. Speedometer & Tachometer counters are working fine. I changed cluster fuse but LCD display still doesn't work. I would be grateful if anyone could suggest what I could try? I hope this is not a major problem?.
thank you Liz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it to your local Kia dealer, failed backlight in the LCD, must be a warranty claim? :)
Thank you. to give you more information:-
when I disconnect the battery and leads are moved the LCD display comes back on sometimes fully other times the text readout is incomplete and unreadable. I wondered if broken wire or bad wire connection?. Thanks again

·
Registered
279 Posts
Could be wiring, internal electronic component failure, corrupted firmware. This is what the fabled Kia 7 year warranty is for, its not wear & tear, take it to a dealer.:)

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
\i would not even try anything else.
Get the dealer to look at it. Before they say "Ah we can see you have been messing with" and that has caused the problem.

Reactions: Cold Sausage
1 - 5 of 5 Posts