Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good afternoon my name is rees pritchard and i work for a kia dealership on the isle of wight
and have a kia sedon a on a 52 plate with a fault code of p1119

which is metering valve

and idea where i can get oneas we thinkit comes on pump or has anyone had the same problem

many thanks rees

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ahh the good old sedona fuel system, check fuel filter for contamination, with a bit of luck you'll get away with a fresh filter, often however, it is a fuel system failure, big bucks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
its great that a guy who works in a kia dealers is on for help to fix a kia car [ha ha makes you laugh]

·
Registered
42 Posts
...hhmm, mines been purring like a kitten....ever since I spent £2500 fixing it at the start of the year. At least I can sell it privately with a clear conscience. Hurry up bonus cheque so I can get a used S-Max

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah but the Sedona only had one other vehicle sharing the technology ( Hyundai Terracan ).

I'm sure ~2006+ Delphi stuff has improved and the Ford parts will be cheaper and more available.

I thought the next dred was not fuel pumps , but wrecked engines due to DPFs.

Either way, the S-Max is modern and fits my needs as it is a lot lighter and more efficient than a Sedona....but still legally large enough to handle my twin axle caravan.

The latest 2.2 Sedona would be a good choice...but used ones for ~£10k won't turn up for a while yet...
Edited by: ebod

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a sedona 2.9crdi 03 with EGC light coming on Have had problems checked out. It came back with the codes P1119 & P1120 and apparently they relate to the diesel pump, I've been told that the pump needs to be sent away to be checked at a cost of around £200 if this is not the problem then they have said it could need a fuel rack what ever that is? and would cost around £600 on top would be labouer cost.
I was accelerating uphill when my engine management light started to flash. I pulled over, turned the engine off, waited a few seconds, restarted the engine & set off. and all was well untill aweek later when the light came back on and the engine stopped and would not start would turn over, had to get recovered to garage. Any ideas? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts