Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just inherited a 2010 Cee'd (1.6 Ecodynamics, 11,000 miles) from my uncle. So far I'm rather disappointed with the fuel consumption (only about 50 mpg, which is worse than the 20012.2 diesel Almera I've just sold. It has been unused for a month so hopefully it'll improve, otherwise I'll get rid of it.

I'm also a bit disappointed it doesn't seem to have ESP. Apart from that it seems ok.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Aye give it to someone who is a bit more greatful. Who cares what the mpg is who cares if it aint got ESP you got it for nowt. Be a bit more greatful mate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your advice, davy. I may do that if the running costs are going to be so high. A shame, as it's ok otherwise and they seem to be quite reliable.

·
Registered
536 Posts
To be honest I think you would be crazy to sell it. 50mpg, warranty, cheap servicing, £30 road tax....what's your current mode of transport...a push bike? Dont blame the car...the reason why the running costs are so high is down to mr cameron and his band of merry thieves.. ESP is for people who can't drive safely and have poor car control anyway so I wouldn't bother about it to much unless you drive like a looney. And insurance is small change for the Eco. I have the pro_ceed 4 and I pay less than £350 now fully comp, protected NC, legal, CC ect and that's on a £16k car for a 26yr old. So I bet it's even cheaper for a car in insurance group 14 instead of 19. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
tt1234567 I had 2 Ceeds all 1.4petrols and its a great car for the money but a wee bit underpowered. I would have had the 1.6CRDI but it was out my price range. As Richie says dont be in a hurry to get rid of it as its a great car. I dont think your Ceed will rust as much as an Almera. Did you have a serious rust issue with the front crossmember on the Almera as I have seen a few that were MOT failures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
davy, yes I did have a problem with the front cross-member of the Almera and had to have it replaced. That's the only problem I ever had with it and even that didn't cost all that much to fix. I take all the points made about other running costs, especially the road tax, but I still think the fuel consumption I'm getting at the moment isn't very good for the journeys I do (typically 25 miles of rural A roads with few junctions and no traffic lights). A colleague has the higher powered diesel engine and gets 60-65 mpg on journeys similar to mine. I'm hoping mine will improve.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Woah!! A hard man to please... only getting 50mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would of loved my old Jeep Cherokee Orvis 4.0 Litre Petrol Auto I had a few years back

The only better options are riding a bike or walking

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
536 Posts
Actually you say that Micmac and your not far from right...my little pug speed fighter moped only used to get 65mpg but when you think every gallon of petrol used quarter of a bloody ltr of oil it works out pricey. Considering it didn't have the creature comforts of a car.

What was your mpg on the jeep...9-15mpg?Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
245 Posts
RichieD76 said:
What was your mpg on the jeep...9-15mpg?
You could get it into mid 20's going downhill with the wind behind you!!!

But times have changed, when I owned that petrol was cheaper and road tax wasn't based on your CO2 emissions.

Edited by: micman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts