Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had my infotainment system updated including maps and on my way home i find the maps are still out of date
Font Slope Line Gadget Rectangle
as you can see on the map Hyde clarendon college this was demolished a long time ago there is a housing estate there now all the houses are occupied. take a look at the alternate
Property Ecoregion Map Product Rectangle
as you can clearly see from the alternative this is also the same in the map in the UVO app
Water resources Ecoregion Map World Urban design
if the app has the map correct why hasnt the update which cost £40 to have installed. I have yet to check other places we go to Anglesey last time there were places the navigation system couldn't find hence why i had the updates done the car is only 2 months old.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sat nav maps are NEVER up to date, so an update today the maps may be up to 2 years out of date depending on whether info has been passed to ordinance and these map companies, google maps is different as they use cars and stuff to map areas and street views

·
Super Moderator
6,263 Posts
What versions do you have?

Sadly just because you update the maps does not mean they are going to show anything new. It is down to "Here" who supply the maps.
Where they get the data from is no doubt a closly guarded secret.

Far better using google maps, they are more up to date, but even then they have issues. As no one can be everywhere in the world updating every little change.

Reactions: KevG57

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sat nav maps are NEVER up to date, so an update today the maps may be up to 2 years out of date depending on whether info has been passed to ordinance and these map companies, google maps is different as they use cars and stuff to map areas and street views
But there own app is correct. So is there any point of paying to update ridiculous.

·
Registered
269 Posts
But there own app is correct. So is there any point of paying to update ridiculous.
its a virtual world, app updates tend to be very easy as its just one platform or 2 (android / apple) cars are different, just guessing here, they may use a different live base for the app update and Here maps for the cars

·
Super Moderator
6,263 Posts

HereWeGo App & the data on the head unit are not the same. Not even sure if they are one & the same company as "Here" that supply car manufactures has changed hands so many times after several car manufactures bought it.

Think about it.
A phone app can be updated whenever they get a change. Data that goes to car manufactures goes out at best a few times a year. This then has to be tested to ensure it works within software on the head units. So you are looking at long lead times for updates.

Clearly you have a smart phone, either use Android Auto of Apple Car Play and one of the increasing navigation apps that are available.

Reactions: Indalo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i had 2 fords in the last couple of years and there map updates was always up to date, and they didn't cost its all about money i wont update again its a rip off.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
well i had 2 fords in the last couple of years and there map updates was always up to date, and they didn't cost
I'm not sure that the mapping in Ford vehicles is any better than that supplied with Hyundai/KIA products. However, it is interesting to note who owns the 'HERE' organisation these days. One wonders if the owners perhaps have a vested interest in supplying the carmakers with a product inferior to that in their own car brands?

Check it out here: Here Technologies - Wikipedia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts