Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever you start the Stonic the infotainment screen is split between the map (with your current position) and the radio channel
Is there a way of changing what is displayed or having a single screen at start up
If there is a way ... a write up on how this can be done, would be appreciated

Thank you

Super Moderator
Not sure there is, what bit do you want full screen? As pressing radio button makes that full screen & same with navigation. Not sure if it remembers last setting, as I no longer have car.

Never bothered myself. As I use Android Auto and that goes to maps full screen.

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
On the both Sportage's I've had, the only full screen that is remembered by the system is the map, everything else returns to the half screen, which the system defines as the home screen. It sounds like the Stonic is the same.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure there is, what bit do you want full screen? As pressing radio button makes that full screen & same with navigation. Not sure if it remembers last setting, as I no longer have car.

Never bothered myself. As I use Android Auto and that goes to maps full screen.
What exactly is Android Auto... i see this every time i plug my Samsung in with the USB lead??

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
What exactly is Android Auto... i see this every time i plug my Samsung in with the USB lead??
Android Auto is an app which you download to your phone. When it's on your phone your car can read your phone app and mirror them on the screen, although not all apps are Android Auto compatible. For example Google Maps would become available through your cars media screen, you can then use that as your sat nav instead of the cars system. Some other apps that work are Waze mapping, Spotify, You Tube Music. You can also speak to the car via Alexa and use your phone, see texts etc.

Super Moderator
What Above said :)

Far better mapping than the Kia navigation & des not require 拢40 a year update, that is never actually uptodate...

Reactions: mr.macspot

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
What Above said :)

Far better mapping than the Kia navigation & des not require 拢40 a year update, that is never actually uptodate...
This is the same though for all marque

1 - 8 of 8 Posts