Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is a really obvious question but can I ask about using the infotainment system when the engine is switched off please?

Situation is - I am driving with USB audio playing, I stop the car and the music continues playing until I open the drivers door at which point I exit the car and the audio stops.
Now, if I stop the car and turn the engine off but want to stay in the car and continue listening to the audio then providing I don't open the door the music continues playing for some time until the car deems that to continue listening to the music any longer will compromise the car battery and the music automatically turns off.

If I wish to be a daredevil and continue listening to music then if I push the 'Accessory/start stop button' the music will restart.

When I have decided that can no longer gamble with the fact that the car battery must now be as flat as a pancake I open the car door to exit but the music continues to play and I get a warning 'beep' presumably to tell me that I am leaving the car with the audio still playing. My problem is that I am not entirely sure how I am meant to now turn the music off?
I have found that pressing the accessory start/stop button again does kill the music but I am sure that there must be a slicker way of acheiving this because pressing the Strt/Stop initiates a vehicle diagnostic check similar to that which runs prior to starting the engine.

What am I missing please?

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,958 Posts
Apologies if this is a really obvious question but can I ask about using the infotainment system when the engine is switched off please?

Situation is - I am driving with USB audio playing, I stop the car and the music continues playing until I open the drivers door at which point I exit the car and the audio stops.
Now, if I stop the car and turn the engine off but want to stay in the car and continue listening to the audio then providing I don't open the door the music continues playing for some time until the car deems that to continue listening to the music any longer will compromise the car battery and the music automatically turns off.

If I wish to be a daredevil and continue listening to music then if I push the 'Accessory/start stop button' the music will restart.

When I have decided that can no longer gamble with the fact that the car battery must now be as flat as a pancake I open the car door to exit but the music continues to play and I get a warning 'beep' presumably to tell me that I am leaving the car with the audio still playing. My problem is that I am not entirely sure how I am meant to now turn the music off?
I have found that pressing the accessory start/stop button again does kill the music but I am sure that there must be a slicker way of acheiving this because pressing the Strt/Stop initiates a vehicle diagnostic check similar to that which runs prior to starting the engine.

What am I missing please?
On my last 3 cars (all Kia) you press the volume control knob. That shut down the radio and media streams.

·
Super Moderator
9,439 Posts
When you are using ACC mode (start car with foot of brake) then you need to either turn car off (press button again) or turn car on with foot on brake & then turn off again.

Only way when in ACC mode as you can not lock car otherwise. Been there done that 🤦‍♂️

1 - 4 of 4 Posts