Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well from what I have seen of the site it is excellent, as some one that likes to know a bit more about what makes my car tick this site answers the questions.
May not under stand all of the tech info at the moment, but at least if KIA keep this type of openess going they have got my number one vote!!!

First class, its about time manufacturers done his type of openess.

Well done KIA.

Bob.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Paul
Yes I know about the different models, as I talk to my brother in Canada most weeks, and the diesel model is not sold over there?

Which does sound a bit odd as they are starting to accept oil burners?

However the site is still very informative, is there a European site like it?

I bet not, we still have to much protectionism over here, not just in the motor trade.

Don't you think that the parts department in the car dealers would have an easier life if the customer came in and said I need a part number 1238765. because he/she was able to see the item on the computer at home?

I did at one time work in the motor trade.

Bob.

·
Registered
662 Posts
If you worked in the trade then you know what the avarage customers like most dont know their reg numbers we supplied a air bag unit to a small local garage asked why and they said thats what their customers electrician said it needed no suprise that it only needed a fuse then and their electrician wires houses for a job

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep been there Paul, seen it for the last 40+ years and even with the addition of diagnostic tools and other equipment it still happens.
Even in the trade I am now in, I see it happen, because the diagnostic tool or what ever, says such and such is faulty the engineers/technicians believes it.

The tools are only an aid for the humans to think out what the real problem is, and how to rectify it. And that can be done more easily with experience and knowledge gained over time.

That is why I think this site is a breath of fresh, Kia have got my vote on this, more so if you have bought an old kia model and do your own work on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi guys kia uk do have a tech info site it is called the global service way or gsw for short the address is http://www.kia-hotline.com/there is an option to register as an independent repairer to access tech info and wiring diagrams not tried it myself as i have access to the main dealer area but individuals who want to venture under the bonnet themselves should be able to register and get relevant and upto date tech info
hope this helps

stu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts